I know you are here to find out why you never get any work done but you already know why and you are still going to read this and realize how true this is.
Its very normal. Our subconscious is aware of when we start “drifting into dreamland” but we enjoy it and end up getting nothing done.
Doing nothing is extremely amazing – lazying around. Imagine if someone would just do everything we plan to do that entire day and you just sit back and relax. But we need to snap back to reality. No one is going to help you but you.
Even if they do, they are not you. They don’t exactly know your preference. Are you going to settle for whatever because you want to be lazy? Are you really going to settle for less?
NO, ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO SETTLE FOR LESS ??
WHY YOU DON’T GET WORK DONE ?
I came up with these reasons that don’t let me get work done on time.
- DISTRACTIONS: Raise your hands if you get easily distracted. Anybody? Do I see some hands up lol? I get easily distracted, I start thinking about my future and boom, I drift into things I want to buy, then back to how I need to make money. The funny thing is the main goal before I drifted into this phase was to write a blog post. Yes I know it doesn’t even relate but it happens to most of us. We also have the daydreamers – they have entered a whole new dimension.
- LAZINESS: Some of us are just lazy, no, it’s just who we are. It’s not like we don’t get the work done but we don’t push ourselves as much. The task that should take 20 minutes Max, we finish it in 1 hour.
- PROCRASTINATION: This word keeps following most of us. We leave stuff to the last minute and end up not reaching our full potential. Have you ever thought about doing something on time? What would it cost you? It would be out of your way in no time. You wouldn’t have to revisit that thing anymore. Procrastination is the starting point of not getting any work done because it would grow into a habit and you would keep postponing until a day before the deadline.
- NO MOTIVATION: Why do you wait for other people to motivate you? I know it gives you a little push but think about when that person isn’t there, who then would motivate you? Would you give up the dream? Would you decide not to get any work done? Think about that and stop waiting for that motivation. Motivate yourself, look back from when you started till now. I mean that’s a great journey. You might not be where you want to be now but you have put that necessary effort into work.
- FAILURE: Oh! you failed more than once and because of that you don’t want to put in any effort again. Things are not just working out for you, so what’s the point right? It’s just life guys. Some people have it very easy, while some are struggling each day to get through each day. That failed attempt shouldn’t put you off track – you would eventually get there.
- DISORGANIZATION: This is just the beginning of the end. How do you know what to get done if you’re disorganised 90% of the time? There’s no roadmap on how you want to get things done. It’s just going to be a hot mess. You wouldn’t be interested in starting anything without clearing things out, writing things out or organising which things you start or focus on first.
HOW TO FIX THEM
How to deal with distractions: It’s not as easy as you may think because the mind gets tired and wanders. So the best is to have control of the moment. If you are going to drift at all, learn to drift out of it also. Get busy, take a walk, drink some water, talk to someone – whatever works for you.
How to deal with laziness: Do you really need an answer to this? Never give up, give yourself that extra push you need. No one is going to support you more than you. Your supporters wouldn’t be there all the time.
How to deal with procrastination: Try to write this out in your Not to-do list. This should help you out. Reduce the number of times you postpone things and act now. If you can do it immediately why not do it. If you can’t do it at once, make a noticeable attempt to the task and continue later.
How to deal with No motivation: Don’t Give up, think of why you started. That should be enough motivation for you.
How to deal with Failure: Go through the things you failed, try and figure your mistakes out and if you can’t find any, try a different technique or approach to things. That should help you. Don’t let failure get the best of you, you are going places.
How to deal with Disorganization: Get a notepad, jot down ideas or things you have to do (to-do list). Stick to what you write down, follow and track it, so you don’t lose focus. This should help you. Always write everything that comes to mind, it helps you remember better.
The only way you can religiously change this is with self-discipline because without it, I’m sure you would start drifting and end up getting less work done again.You then remember this post, you come back and re-read it trying to get better again. Why not start getting work done? There’s really no harm. It’s for your own good and I’m sure you will grow to enjoy it.
Any other reason for why you never get work done? Please share in the comments. Thank you.