Today is all about the almighty toothpaste – an hero without a cape. This post is not about hygiene, I’m not here to give a lecture on how to brush your teeth. Do you know your toothpaste can do more for you than just cleansing your teeth? I bet you don’t. I’m here to share some toothpaste hacks. Toothpastes are super heroes. Let me explain…
Welcome to the toothpaste hacks, steady saving lives out here.
- REMOVES INK FROM CLOTHES: This is an inexpensive way of removing ink stain from your clothes. Apply the toothpaste directly on the stain, rub it gently (you can fold the the stained fabric in two halves) and then rinse in cool water. You can repeat this process a couple of times till the stain is gone. Do not make use of a gel toothpaste but use a plain white one to remove stains from your clothes.
P.s you can test if your fabric is delicate before trying it on the stain by applying it on the hidden part of the garment.
- ACNE: What better way to get rid of those surprise pimple(s) that pop up in the middle of the night than with toothpaste.Wash your face with clean water, apply a plain white toothpaste, no gel, no colored toothpaste and no whitening. Make use of Colgate toothpaste. Apply a little amount directly on the pimple and leave it there overnight or maximum 2hours but for sensitive skin 30 minutes is okay. Then wash it off with a damp cloth.
P.s Do not apply it all over your face, it is not a cream. Apply it directly to the pimple. You can use this method three times a week.
- SCRUFF MARKS ON SHOES: Are your soles dirty? Are your shoes clean but you still have those scruff marks on your soles? Yes, you guessed right. Make use of your plain toothpaste lol. Dampen a small towel or a wash cloth, apply the toothpaste on one side and then start scrubbing. If that doesn’t work pick up an old toothbrush and start scrubbing that area. A toothbrush would be the best option. Wipe that area with a damp cloth when you are done.
P.s Do not be overwhelmed and start washing all your shoes with toothpaste. Its just for the soles.
- CLEAN THE FACE OF YOUR IRON: Apply a little amount of toothpaste on the soleplates of the iron, use a damp cloth to rub the stains off till it is completely gone. wipe the soleplate of the iron with a dampen cloth.
P.s Please make sure the iron is off and also cool. Try not to get toothpaste inside the steam holes. If you do you can always put on the iron and steam the toothpaste out.
- DEODORISE HANDS: Did you just cut onions and you can’t get that smell out? Or you have that kitchen smell (food spices) on your hands. Toothpaste does the job that a regular soap can’t do. Apply toothpaste and follow the same steps you use to wash your hands.
P.s Plain toothpaste.Your hands might end up having a minty smell.
- TO CLEAN DVD AND CD: If you have scratches on the reflective part of your cd or dvd, what better way of repairing it than using toothpaste. Put toothpaste on a clean cotton cloth.Gently wipe the scratched area and rub the toothpaste over the scratched area. Clean off the toothpaste and then rinse under running water. Make sure you dry CD/DVD.
- REMOVE WATERMARKS ON TABLES: The rings left by “sweating” beverages on wooden tables can be removed with toothpaste. Gently rub the non-gel toothpaste on the wood with a cloth, then wipe it off with a damp cloth and allow it dry before using furniture polish on it.
Pro Tip: To be on the safe side, always use a plain toothpaste. Colgate works best.
How else can you make use of toothpaste? Have you tried any of these hacks?